Data Analytics Global Tech Bootcamp
Get ready to solve real-world problems and jumpstart your career using the power of Data Analytics with in-demand skills including Excel and Tableau.
The Data Analytics Program starts on May 23, 2022 and concludes on July 29, 2022.
Application Information: You MUST apply through Handshake. All applications will be reviewed and students notified of their acceptance to the program.
Applications must include a Resume and your answer to the following question:
Question: What is one thing you would like to learn by taking this Boot Camp?
- Want a great career in business, healthcare, government, entertainment or non-profits? Data skills can help you get there!
- This is a boot camp introduction, not a math course. Students from all backgrounds are welcome.
- There are no tests and all work is open-world, just like the real world.
- Lectures are flexible and will take place online.
- You will then attend virtual live discussions, Live Labs, with your classmates and instructor each week.
- Get Certified - you’ll be prepared to take the Tableau Specialist Certificate and will receive a certificate of completion
- Your time commitment: Roughly 10 hours per week over 10 weeks
You will choose one of the Live Lab session options and attend that session for the duration of the Bootcamp program
- Option 1: Live Labs Tuesday/Thursdays 9pmEST/8pm CST
- Option 2: Live Labs Wednesday/Friday 3pm EST/2pm CST
NOTE: Through the generosity of the Marquis Parents' Council and in conjunction with the Dyer Center and the Gateway Career Center, this bootcamp is being offered at NO COST to you.
**If you are accepted for the program, full participation in the 10-week bootcamp is expected. If you do NOT complete the bootcamp in its entirety, you will be charged $200.
Please know that attendance is limited to 30 students**.
If you have any questions regarding the program, please contact the Gateway Career Center or the Dyer Center prior to applying.
COURSE 1: INTRO TO APPLIED DATA ANALYTICS
This isn’t your typical intro course.
From day one, you’ll learn how to utilize tools like Excel to analyze real-world datasets and solve real-world problems. Data-driven decision making is the future – be a part of it.
After this course, you’ll:
· Accelerate your career with in-demand data analytics skills
· Build your resume with real-world data analytics experience
· Receive an Excel Specialist Certification
COURSE 2: DATA VISUALIZATION WITH TABLEAU
Picking up where Intro to Data Analytics left off, you’ll utilize tools like Tableau to become a data storyteller. You will learn to apply key design principles and create digestible and dynamic data visualizations to impact the world around you.
After this course you’ll:
· Accelerate your career with in-demand data visualization skills
· Build your resume with real-world data visualization experience
· Receive a Tableau Specialist Certification